Transactions made using Instore Code or selecting Zip as a payment method online
For purchases made using an in-store code or by selecting Zip as a payment method online at checkout, you may be covered by our Zip Buyer’s Protection Policy! Please read our policy to ensure you are eligible before raising a claim with Zip.
Important: You should always contact the merchant directly first. This is often an easier and faster way to resolve the issue. If you have not made an attempt to contact the merchant, we may not be able to proceed with the dispute.
Online dispute resolution process
Once you have read the Zip Buyers Protection, and believe you are eligible, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Collect the following information linked to your Zip account and order:
- Email address linked to your Zip account
- The merchant you have purchased with
- Your Zip Order ID. This is located in your Activity tab > Click on the order > Locate the Order ID
- The exact order amount
Step 2: Please see the below requirements and information we need to assess your claim:
Merchandise/Services not received
- Tracking details, if provided
- A copy of the correspondence between yourself and the merchant
Note: You should wait at least 7 days after the confirmed delivery date
Product/Service not as described
- Description of the product and why the quality of the product does not meet your requirements
- Correspondence between yourself and the merchant and/or third parties
Refund not Processed
- If the merchant has already agreed to a refund, provide the amount the merchant has agreed to refund and the date this was advised
- Supporting documentation that the merchant has authorised the refund of this order
- All correspondence between yourself and the merchant and/or third parties
Step 3: Fill out our Order Dispute Form
Step 4: Once you have completed the claim, our team will reach out to you within 3 business days with an update.
If you are disputing a Zip Bill made via BPAY, please click here.
If you have an issue with a Gift Card, please click here.