We will provide specialised financial hardship arrangements to assist customers during times of financial difficulty. These arrangements will consider the unique circumstances of a customer impacted by family violence.
If these circumstances apply to you, we will:
- fast track any financial hardship request;
- provide options to provide financial relief;
- consider the risks involved in attempting to recover debts where family violence is involved.
We will not:
- require customers experiencing financial to provide evidence of their experience of family violence, or
- refer the debt on to a third-party debt collection agency where we become aware that a customer’s debt involves a situation of family violence.
Based on the information you provide we are able to provide you with a support plan based on your personal circumstances.
Your support plan may include:
- A short-term fixed/reduced repayment for an amount below the contractual repayment amount or below the minimum monthly payment;
- A short term moratorium or a deferral of repayments;
- Suspension or variation of interest and fees;
- Consider debt waiver or settlement for extenuating circumstances
All requests for hardship assistance will be treated in the strictest confidence as we work together to find a solution.
How do I apply for assistance with Zip?
You can discuss vulnerability and hardship with our team Mondays to Fridays between 9:30am - 5:30pm AEST.
Australia: 02 8294 2345
Post: Zip Customer Hardship Team, 7/180 George Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000