1. Unlock your phone - You do not need to open the Google Pay app.
2. Hold the back of your phone close to the payment reader for a few seconds. When you've finished paying, a blue tick will appear on the screen.
3. If prompted, follow the instructions on the screen
Some shops use older software that asks for a PIN or signature. If you're asked, follow the steps on the screen.
Enter the PIN that you set up for your Zip virtual card.
If the tick isn't on your screen:
- Try holding your phone in a different way. Your NFC antenna could be near the top or bottom of your device.
- Hold your phone closer to the payment reader.
- Hold your phone for a few extra seconds.
If there is a tick but the retail assistant says the payment didn't go through double-check that the shop accepts mobile payments.
Contact us below to make sure that your card is working correctly.