At Zip, we care deeply about protecting your personal and financial information.
Scams and identity theft are an everyday risk and we constantly monitor your accounts to help keep you safe. Check out the ways scams may be targeted towards you and how to minimise these risks.
- You may be targeted by phone, email, SMS or online.
- Scammers may tell you believable stories in an attempt to gain control of your account or steal money from you.
- Scammers may claim that you are owed money, or that they are acting on your behalf as your account has been compromised and they are fixing the issue.
- You may be encouraged to download malicious software that the scammer can use to take control of your device.
If you suspect that you are being targeted by a scammer, remember these points:
- Zip will never ask for your password, access to your Zip account, or bank logins via email or phone.
- Zip will never ask for your debit/credit card information via email or phone.
- Zip will never ask to install TeamViewer or similar applications on your phone to assist your inquiry.
- Zip will only ever ask for your full name, DOB and residential address to identify you.
- Please log in to your app or use our secure portal to process any updates to your account.
- If you are unsure about a particular email please contact our Customer Experience Team below.