Why is my account on hold? Unable to use your account?
If there is a hold on your Zip account this may limit your ability to make purchases. Some reasons that your Zip account may be placed on hold include but are not limited to:
- Your account is overdue (in arrears): If you have not met your minimum monthly repayments, your account will be put on hold until you have caught up. During this time, you are unable to make further purchases. Please make a one-off payment to get your account back on track, and you will be able to use your account within 24 hours;
- Your account has prolonged period of inactivity;
- We suspect that your account use is in violation of your contract and/or terms and conditions
- We may have reason to believe that fraudulent activity has been conducted on your account.
If you are unable to see the warning message below then please contact customer care.
In some instances, you may be able to remove the hold by logging into your account on a mobile device to complete the required verification steps:
- You might see a warning message: ‘We need to verify your identity to unlock your account’ and will need to follow the steps prompted after clicking 'Verify'. If using an iPhone please ensure you are using a Safari Browser and on an Android device using Google Chrome.
- You might see a warning message ‘To unlock your account, please click Verify to connect to your bank’ and will need to connect to your bank after clicking 'Verify'. This provides us with a one time, read-only copy of your bank statement to instantly verify your income and expenses. We will review your bank details and send you an email about the outcome within 48 hours after receiving your bank statement.